Last Updated on June 9, 2019 by hungryoungwoman
I don’t know about you, but 17 degrees is pretty chilly for me.
2018 started well, with a quiet barbecue with the family under the stars. It was such a lovely time spent with close ones without the use of technology that we have become so accustomed to. We depend too much on it, don’t you think?
While my job might require me to stay online and updated, I sometimes like to take time off and just live in the moment. Now with the newborn, I’ve been doing that a lot lately. So much, that I almost forgot to click a picture when this delicious Thai Green Curry was prepared at home. Almost.
This curry is the stuff of your dreams and your companion on foggy nights like we have here. The recipe is so easy and versatile that you can make it anytime. Also, being the lazy cook I am, I don’t have to rush to the store every time there’s an ingredient missing since this curry is good with pretty much everything.
Note: This might not be an authentic version, but it tastes almost the same!
Let’s not waste time and read below to start preparing this immediately…
Simple Thai Green Curry
For the curry paste:
- 2 lemongrass stalks, chopped finely
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small bunch of coriander with stalks, roughly chopped
- 4 cm of ginger, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 lemon, cut and juice
- Salt to taste
- 4-5 green chilies, sliced
- 2 cups of boneless chicken, cleaned, boiled, and cubed
- 1 small bunch of basil leaves
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 medium-sized carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 big eggplant, largely chopped
- 2 small bell peppers, chopped (I used green and red for color)
- 1 big onion, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cup of coconut milk powder
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add the paste ingredients to a blender and blend till a paste is formed. This mixture can be prepared beforehand and stored in the refrigerator or used right away.
- Keep a pot on medium flame and add 4 tbsp olive with the curry paste and cook for 2-3 mins.
- Add 4-5 sliced green chilies to the mixture. (This depends on your spice level. Reduce or increase the number to your preference)
- Add boiled chicken to the pot along with 4 cups of water and let cook for at least 5 mins.
- Add all the vegetables. A few basil leaves, bay leaves, carrot, eggplant, bell peppers, and onion. Let this cook for 3-4 mins.
- In a bowl, add 1 1/2 cup of coconut milk powder and dilute with 1 cup water. Mix until a milky texture is obtained.
- Add this milk to the mixture and let cook for about 3 mins. Put in salt and pepper according to your liking.
- Serve hot with jasmine rice.
Other ingredient options: Mushrooms, cauliflower, and broccoli.
How do you keep yourself warm during winters? Let me know your favorite recipes…
Until then, happy eating! xx
Disclaimer: Recipe in collaboration with Silsal Design House
One thought on “Simple Thai Green Curry”