I’ve been cooking a lot lately and recipe testing for the website which is ironic since I haven’t been posting much. Thing is, people usually think that it’s just a recipe to prepare but there are lots of chores that go behind the scenes. Shooting and styling the food, editing pictures, and only then uploading it to the website along with the recipe. The process takes hours or even a couple of days for each recipe.
Anyway, getting to the topic of grilled chicken, it’s one of the easy dishes prepared at home. The chicken needs to be marinated at least 4 hours before if you’ve just decided to use the recipe, or overnight for best results.
This recipe of Marinated Chicken might resemble that of a tandoori or chicken tikka solely due to the number of Indian ingredients present in it. Yes, there’s also my mom’s favorite ginger-garlic paste, something she can never do without.
But, I promise this is as delicious as it can get. We added lemon slices next to the chicken before baking so we could get that fresh scent into the dish.
Without further ado, find the recipe below:
Indian Style Chicken Marinade
- 1 whole chicken
- 3-4 potatoes cut in half
- 2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1 tbsp red chilli powder (more if you like spicy)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp jeera powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 big lemon, sliced
- Mix the spices and yogurt to make a marinade and apply thoroughly to the chicken and its insides
- Marinate the chicken overnight or at least for 4 hours in the refrigerator
- Add the chicken, lemon slices, and potatoes to the baking pot. Preheat oven for 15 mins at 200 degrees and bake for 45 mins
- Serve with sauteed mushrooms in butter and blanched broccoli
Other ingredients options: Serve with roasted potatoes on the side. We also eat this with hummus and bread but even good on its own.
Chicken marinade recipes differ from home to home. I would love to know your favorite recipes!
Until then, happy eating! xx